A garden is one of life’s great pleasures, and that is especially true of a tidy garden. Our backyards are an extension of our homes and even when we are not out in them enjoying the sunshine and fresh air, enormous satisfaction can be had from simply looking out of a window and seeing a neatly trimmed lawn, clipped hedges and row upon row of freshly potted plants.
This is the ideal scenario but when faced with a jungle of weeds and overgrown flowerbeds, and having never done anything like this before, where do you start?
Taming your backyard
The first and most important thing to consider is the equipment you need. Simply choosing the right tools for the job can significantly reduce the time and effort spent working in your garden. This in turn helps to make the whole process a far more enjoyable experience.
The equipment that you require will depend on the specific characteristics of your garden, what you wish to achieve and therefore the scale of the challenge you face.
Here are some examples to help you:
- The right clothing. Gardening is a potentially hazardous activity and care has to taken when using sharp tools and garden chemicals. Protective apparel such as goggles, boots, facemasks and gloves should be worn when appropriate. This will help minimize the risks and maximize your enjoyment.
- A chainsaw for felling trees and removing branches or foliage, and perhaps a pole saw to access hard to reach places. Always consider the safety of yourself and others when using any kind of saw. Make sure you are wearing the right protective gear and any mechanical parts are in a good state of repair. Remember that a chainsaw accident can kill!
- An edger to create clear delineation between the areas in your yard. These tools (also known as lawn edgers or stick edgers) can be manual or automatic and are used to neatly separate lawns from other surfaces such as concrete paths.
Maintaining your backyard
Imagine you have done everything you planned to do and your yard is looking perfect. You take a step back and relax, satisfied with having achieved a good day’s work. The temptation is to stop there and assume your work is done. Unfortunately that is not the case and even the most low maintenance gardens require regular and ongoing attention to ensure they continue to have that pristine appearance.
Once again, choosing the right equipment is key to ensuring the job is done quickly and done well. Equipment such as the following:
- Lawnmowers. Fuel-powered, electric or manual, lawnmowers are an essential piece of equipment for keeping control over the largest and most-used section of many yards.
- Leaf blowers are particularly helpful in the fall when keeping leaves off lawns and paths becomes for some gardeners an almost daily task.
- Pressure washers provide the cleanest possible finish on concrete paths and other hard surfaces.
Maintenance for beginners
With the right tools, the right attitude, and suitable time and effort, even an enthusiastic amateur can achieve professional-looking results and a backyard to be truly proud of.
Images Credit: houzz
Garden maintenance for beginners Pictures
Gardens and Terrace rustic deck other metro
Georgeus Traditional landscape
Storage Sheds Garage Buildings traditional garage and shed
Traditional Landscape traditional landscape boston
Gallery of Garden maintenance for beginnersThere are 5 high resolution images again to check, so do not miss to see Awesome images all in Garden maintenance for beginners article galleries for your next inspiration by clicking the thumbnail below.
Disclaimer: ModernHolic.COM consists of a compilation of public information available on the internet. The Garden maintenance for beginners pictures on this site are collected from multiple source in internet. We are NOT affiliated with the publisher of this part, and we take no responsibility for material inside this part. For more information about the Copyright, please take a minute to read our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notification Guidelines and Disclaimer at the top of this site.